Find the way to some of the most beautiful places in Pirin mountain and the area above Bansko by using our guide lines.
The easy routs are in the area above the town at the foot of Pirin mountain and one of them takes you higher to the Eye lake above Vihren hut. The duration is between 1.5 to 5 hrs at moderate pace.
EASY WALK 1 Bansko – Chalin valog – Eco path – Bansko click here to download: Easy 1
EASY WALK 2 Bansko – Eco path – St. Nicola chapel – Dobrinishte click here to download: Easy 2
EASY WALK 3 Bansko – Peshterite – Ancient fortress’ remains – Paligoden Monastery – Belizmata dam – Bansko click here to download: Easy 3
EASY WALK 4 Bansko – Bunderishka poliana – Bunderitsa hut – Baikushevata mura (Baikushev’s white fir) – Okoto lake – Bansko click here to download: Easy 4
The intermediate routs are higher in Pirin taking you to some of the nearest lakes in the mountain. They take from 4 to 5 hrs.
INTERMEDIATE WALK 1 Bezbog hut – Popovo lake – Bezbog hut click here to download: Intermediate 1
INTERMEDIATE WALK 2 Vihren hut – Bunderishki lakes – Vihren hut click here to download: Intermediate 2
INTERMEDIATE WALK 3 Vihren hut – Muratovo lake – Vihren hut click here to download: Intermediate 3
The advanced routs go through the heart of Pirin passing by the most beautiful lakes and reaching some of the highest points of the mountain. Their duration is between 7 and 10 hrs.
ADVANCED WALK 1 Bansko – Demianitza hut – Vasilashki lakes – Vihren hut click here to download: Advanced 1
ADVANCED WALK 2 Bezbog hut – Valiavishki lakes – Demianitza hut – Bansko click here to download: Advanced 2
ADVANCED WALK 3 Vihren hut – Sinanitza hut – Vihren hut click here to download: Advanced 3
What do you need while hiking in the mountains?
- Comfortable waterproof hiking shoes or/and use waterproof spray.
- Comfortable clothing, spare warm clothing (incl. hat and gloves), waterproof jacket.
- Sun hat, sunglasses, sun cream SPF > 30.
- Refillable water container ~ 1 l.
- Paper map of the mountain. Offline map on your smartphone: the app maps.me for example – you need to download the map of the region in advance.
- Personal first aid kit and any prescribed medication.
- Food (sandwiches, nuts, dried fruits, snacks).
- A pair of telescopic poles makes the walking easier.
- Mountain insurance.
- Charged phone.
What to be aware of?
- Weather changes quickly in the mountain and temperature is lower than in the nearby towns.
- In June, there are still big snow spots on the way. Cross them as fast as possible.
- As you may have to cross a river or a spring, note that the water level in the rivers and the springs is higher in June until mid-July, as well as after a heavy rain. Later in the summer some of them may completely dry.
- If possible, do not go on your own and inform someone else where and when you are going or hire a qualified mountain leader.
Useful telephone numbers:
- Mountain Rescue Service: +359 88 1474; +359 749 88 132
- Vihren hut: +359 889834277
- Banderitsa hut: +359 898868999, +359 894340343
- Demyanitsa hut: +359 878688135, +359 877688135
- Yavorov hut: 0896/688415, 0896/688413
- Bezbog hut: +359 888286102, +359 885502801, +359 74472120
- Gotze Delchev hut: +359 7476209
- Zagaza hut: +359 879601133, +359 878966204, +359 894212434, +359 74333108
- Sinanitsa hut: +359 896798040
- Tevno ezero shelter: +359 886397268, +359 884 663635
- Spano pole shelter: +359 896688407, +359 896688408
- Kamenitza (Begovitsa) hut: +359 889811000, +359 7463198
- Pirin hut: +359 896766152